As the health care industry continues to evolve, we’re focused on finding the best way forward — and that’s why we formed a network comprised of premier health care providers throughout Puget Sound.
We bring together providers across the entire continuum of patient care — primary and specialty care, inpatient hospital care, long-term care, skilled nursing facilities, inpatient rehab, hospice and home health services. By coordinating care and sharing information with other providers in the network, Rainier Health Network aims to deliver high-quality patient care with greater efficiency and lower costs. This is designed to help providers be successful in a challenging market and benefits them in the following ways:
- Participate in a host of value-based and employee payer contracts, in addition to Medicare Shared Savings Program, with analytics to support your performance. This includes being a Tier 1 referable provider in payer contracts such as the CHI Employee Health Plan.
- Have Tier 1 designation in the CHI Franciscan EMR system for Franciscan Medical Group, Harrison HealthPartners, and the eight CHI Franciscan hospitals.
- Have access to a robust and growing clinically integrated network of health care providers and services. Our Continuing Care Network, for example, can benefit your patients needing top quality post-acute care.
- Be connected to an organized system of care while maintaining your independence and separate organizational identity.
- Take advantage of professional support available through the network.
As an accountable care organization (ACO), we also work to meet quality standards such as those outlined in the Medicare Shared Savings Program to ensure that care provided is appropriate, safe and timely.
How do I become a part of Rainier Health Network?
If you’re an independent provider or practice interested in taking advantage of the benefits that come with being a Rainier Health Network provider, please contact Northwest Physicians Network:
Practice Support Coordinator
Northwest Physicians Network
1304 S. Fawcett Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98402-1911
253 627-3578 (direct) | 253 573-9511 (fax)
Rainier Health Network understands that health care delivery is community-based and values the independent provider. By becoming a provider with Northwest Physicians Network, you automatically become a provider within Rainier Health Network, yet still maintain your independence in the market.
What is the relationship between Northwest Physicians Network (NPN) and Rainier Health Network?
NPN was an original founder of Rainier Health Network and is a strategic partner in developing Rainier Health Network’s system of care. It brings unique and valuable expertise in organizing independent providers and provides critical leadership in the governance of Rainier Health Network.
Do I have to pay to be a part of Rainier Health Network?
No, there is no cost to join Rainier Health Network.
What if I want to join other ACOs and clinically integrated networks (CINs)?
Rainier Health Network does not require exclusivity so you are free to join other CINs. (Please note, some payer contracts may require exclusivity.)